Saturday, May 16, 2020

iOS Edit Menu

I use the three finger double tap accessibility gesture to put my iPhone in zoom mode, handy for reading fine print and drawing tiny pictures. You then use three fingers to pan the zoomed view around the screen.

But recently I discovered that if you're not zoomed in, there are three finger gestures that do other things.

  • swipe left: undo
  • swipe right: redo
  • tap shows an Edit menu of undo/redo, cut/copy/paste

The best thing about this is that note I can turn off Shake to Undo, which I'm constantly having to cancel while grocery shopping. Problem solved!

Plus, iOS text editing isn't great about offering the Paste function when you drag the cursor to a new location. When that happens, just three-finger-tap and then choose Paste from the menu. Another problem solved!

No comments: