Sunday, March 10, 2013

My Apache setup

What, no notes to self about my previous Apache installation? Well how about I do that this time...
Note: I'm running Debian (6.0.6 "squeeze" - 2.6.32-5-686) and my Apache version is "Server Version: Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) PHP/5.3.3-7+squeeze15 with Suhosin-Patch - mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.6.6 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1"

Step 1 is to set up rewrite

# cd /etc/apache2/mods-enabled

# ln -s ../mods-available/rewrite.load

Step 2 is to set up my site

# cd /etc/apache2/sites-available
# ln -s /path/to/my/apache.conf my-site
# cd ../sites-enabled
# ln -s ../sites-available/my-site

Step 3 is to install Pear Mail

$ sudo apt-get install php-pear
$ sudo pear install mail

Step 4 is to install the connection between PHP and MySQL, both of which were themselves already installed.

$ sudo apt-get install php5-mysql

$ sudo apt-get install mysql-client

...of course the database had to be moved from /var/lib/mysql on the old server to the same place on the new, and what I'd forgotten to do was to update the ownership of that database tree to mysql:mysql on the new server -- OOPS!

And now I think (fingers crossed, knock on wood) this thing is ready to play with!! And by play with... yeah, that's how this one gets his kicks! :-)

No comments: